Watch the interview between Adam and Damien, and how a index fund investor is starting to doubt what he believed strongly all these years. We go over when we started investing, what tools we use, and how we determine what to put our hard earned money into.
The takeaways are as follows:
- Damien invests into an index fund and about 10% into bonds.
- Adam believes index funds include winners and losers, and attempts to pick the winners directly. He also points to unethical companies being in the mix when you buy the whole market.
- Damien manages a budget sofware YNAB and Adam just uses his credit card to track spending. Both agree restaurants and eating out are a cash drain.
- Adam contends that if you have a 401k you’re already forced into buying stocks you can’t pick so why do that in your managed portfolio?
- Adam talks about bitcoin and gold being good alternatives to cash rather than just stocks.
- Damien insults Adam’s hair
- Adam insults Damien’s yearly return on investment (ROI)